D'Addario XS Coated Nickel Wound 9-42 Electric Guitar Strings, Super Light
- XS Nickel strings have the longest life of any D’Addario electric string, plus a smooth, fast feel, thanks to the ultra-thin XS film coating.
- Reformulated nickel-plated steel wrap wire provides a bright tone with increased output, bite, and sustain.
- With a NY Steel core and Fusion Twist technology, XS Nickel offers greater break strength and unmatched tuning stability—staying in tune 131% better than standard electric strings.
XS strings offer the maximum achievable tone life from a guitar string using D'Addario’s class-leading NY steel core and premium nickel-plated steel wrap wire which is then fully coated with their own dedicated coating. Furthermore, the plain strings are also polymer treated to complete the formula. This heady combination creates a louder set of strings that have pronounced midrange and bite, with rich harmonics with a near impervious shield which lasts, and lasts, and lasts, and lasts... !
Let me list the facts:
- all six strings are coated
- class-leading strength of NY Steel core and plain strings
- reformulated nickel-plated steel wrap wire
- Fusion Twist ball-end for unparalleled tuning-stability
- best in class durability
- fast, smooth, and soft feel
* * * * *
What D'Addario says:
“XS strings feature an ultra-thin and durable film coating that completely protects the wound strings while the plain steel strings receive our proprietary XT treatment, so all the strings in the set are protected from life-killing corrosion and contaminant build-up. The coating is so thin that strings ring out the with the clarity and projection similar to an uncoated string. Our NY Steel high-carbon cores in the wound strings and Fusion Twist technology on all plain steel strings ensures unmatched tuning stability and increased break strength. All of this with strings that have a smooth feel and don’t feel greasy or visibly fray like the leading film coated string.
How does XS differ from XT?
“The X-Series is comprised of two distinct lines... XT utilises a treated wrap wire, resulting in a natural feel, and XS utilises a film coating that results in a smooth feel. XT offers extended life and XS delivers maximum life.
What is the construction of XS?
“XS Electric consists of NY Steel high-carbon plain steels and core wire, wrapped with premium reformulated nickel-plated steel giving players enhanced midrange bite and crunch, increased projection, consistent tuning stability and incomparable break strength. XS Electric provides higher output, rich harmonics and superior sustain.”
Re: Delivery. All orders placed on weekdays before 3:45pm will be despatched that same day. All of our delivery options can be found at checkout or on our delivery page.
Re: Returns. We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return. To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags, and in its original packaging. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
To start a return, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information visit our Returns & refunds page.