D'Addario Chromes 45-100 Stainless Steel Flatwound Bass Guitar Strings, Medium Scale [ECB81M]
- XL Chromes are a flat wound electric bass string, which provide a mellower tone than round wound strings.
- Chromes stainless steel flattened ribbon wrap wire is precisely polished for unparalleled smoothness and a dark, yet warm tone.
- Like all D’Addario bass strings, XL Chromes are made with our proprietary Hex-Core, ensuring perfect intonation, consistent feel, and reliable durability.
**PLEASE NOTE** These strings measure 34" / 86cm from the ball end to the start of the silk winding. These strings have Blue Silk at both ends of the string.
ECB81M, a medium scale version of D'Addario's best-selling Flatwound bass strings, are known for their warm, mellow tone and smooth polished feel. Chromes deliver a deep, rich low bottom end which makes them the flat wound choice of Jazz, R&B and Pop musicians. Fits medium scale basses with a string scale length of up to 34 inches.
- Medium scale version D'Addario's best selling flatwound bass guitar set
- Ribbon wound and polished for ultra-smooth feel and warm, mellow tone
- Fits medium scale basses with a string scale length of up to 34 inches
- Made in the U.S.A. for the highest quality and performance
- String Gauges: Wound .045, .065, .080, .100
- Environmentally friendly, corrosion resistant packaging for strings that are always fresh
**PLEASE NOTE** Length of string (ball end to start of taper) - 34 1/16" or 86.5cm
D'Addario Chromes Bass strings are wound with flattened stainless steel ribbon wire which is polished to an incredibly smooth surface. Delivering a distinctive damped, but tone-rich sound that only flatwounds can produce, D'Addario Chromes are the world's most popular flatwound strings.
ECB81M - 45, 65, 80, 100
Length of string (ball end to start of taper) - 34 1/16" or 86.5cm
We insist that players use the measurement of ball-end (anchor) to top nut of their current set of strings. This measurement is more accurate than scale length as it takes into account through-body stringing, and more complex or alternative bridges. In many cases the set of strings required will be longer than the bass’s stated scale length! Use these references:
If ball-end-to-nut length is:
Up to 32” choose Short Scale
32”-34” choose Medium Scale
34”-36” choose Long Scale
36”-38” choose Extra/Super Long Scale
If you have a bass where you cannot see the ball-end i.e. a thru-body bass, you will have to measure your string once it has been removed. Before removing the string be sure to make a mark on the string with a permanent marker just behind the nut so you know where to measure to. Then once you’ve taken it off the bass, you can measure from the ball-end to the mark you made on the string.
Re: Delivery. All orders placed on weekdays before 3:45pm will be despatched that same day. All of our delivery options can be found at checkout or on our delivery page.
Re: Returns. We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return. To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags, and in its original packaging. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
To start a return, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information visit our Returns & refunds page.