D'Addario NYXL Nickel Wound 45-105 Bass Guitar Strings, Long Scale [NYXL45105]
- NYXL bass guitar strings are premium uncoated bass string, delivering unrivaled strength and tuning stability, plus enhanced tonal response
- The premium nickel-plated steel wrap wire used for NYXL bass strings features a reengineered core-to-wrap ratio, for a more versatile string which still maintains a familiar feel, plus accentuated harmonics.
- Thanks to the NY Steel core wire, NYXL bass guitar strings stay in tune better and offer greater break strength than standard bass strings.
**PLEASE NOTE** These strings measure 36.25" / 92cm from the ball end to the start of the taper. These strings have no silk winding at either end of the string.
D'Addario's NYXL electric bass string sets feature the innovative combination of NYXL nickel-plated wrap wire wound on their NY Steel core for expanded dynamic range and harmonic response. NYXL45105 is a hybrid set, optimal for players looking for a string set with both flexibility and deep, powerful lows. Fits basses with a string scale length of up to 36 1/4 inches.
NYXL Bass features high carbon NY Steel core wrapped with reformulated nickel-plated steel. This new construction delivers deep, powerful lows, focused punch and accentuated harmonics. Designed for all playing styles, NYXL Bass provides more dynamic range and sustain than any other bass string.
- Re-engineered core-to-wrap ratios for a more versatile string
- Reformulated nickel-plated steel wrap wire for a familiar feel and accentuated harmonics
- NY Steel cores for improved tuning stability and increased durability
- Fits long scale basses with a string scale length of up to 36 1/4 inches
- Made in the U.S.A. for the highest quality and performance
- String Gauges: NYXL Nickel Wound .045, .065, .085, .105
We insist that players use the measurement of ball-end (anchor) to top nut of their current set of strings. This measurement is more accurate than scale length as it takes into account through-body stringing, and more complex or alternative bridges. In many cases the set of strings required will be longer than the bass’s stated scale length! Use these references:
If ball-end-to-nut length is:
Up to 32” choose Short Scale
32”-34” choose Medium Scale
34”-36” choose Long Scale
36”-38” choose Extra/Super Long Scale
If you have a bass where you cannot see the ball-end i.e. a thru-body bass, you will have to measure your string once it has been removed. Before removing the string be sure to make a mark on the string with a permanent marker just behind the nut so you know where to measure to. Then once you’ve taken it off the bass, you can measure from the ball-end to the mark you made on the string.
Re: Delivery. All orders placed on weekdays before 3:45pm will be despatched that same day. All of our delivery options can be found at checkout or on our delivery page.
Re: Returns. We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return. To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags, and in its original packaging. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
To start a return, please contact us at email@example.com.
For further information visit our Returns & refunds page.